Why Practice Yoga?
Research has shown yoga helps to manage stress and improve overall health. Many people report feeling improvements after only the first week of practice, and those with a regular practice feel better whenever they step on their mat.
If you’re looking for a few reasons to get started with yoga, here are some of the potential benefits:
- Improve physical fitness and increase strength & muscle tone
- Increase energy and stamina
- Enhance flexibility, improve balance and increase body awareness
- Support bone strength and development
- Support cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure, cholesterol & resting heart rate
- Strengthen the nervous system
- Improve posture and relieve or eliminate back pain
- Improve metabolism and aid digestion
- Learn methods to avoid future back injuries
- Calm mind and improve concentration
- Reduce anxiety, worry and depression
- Relieve signs of chronic stress and improve sleep habits
- Improve overall mood and interactions with others